Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Extreme Beer Fridge

 
(not shown: bottom drawer stuffed with 12 oz bottles)

My friends were surprisingly unsympathetic when I complained that I had more beer than I knew what to do with during the writing of the Brewtal Truth Guide to Extreme Beers. It wasn't like I was saying, "gee, I don't know what I'll do with this beer," because the obvious answer is that it will be poured down my throat. It was more like, "Where the fuck do I physically put all of this beer until I'm able to pour it down my throat?"

You see, I profiled more than 100 extreme beers in the guide and in order to do this, I acquired multiple bottles or cans of each one. Sometimes "multiple" meant two bottles, sometimes it meant three or six! You can do the math on that. Suffice it to say that there were times when my fridge held 98% beer and 2% condiments and overflow from the fridge temporarily went into a cool, dark closet. It's amazing how poorly cheap old fridges accommodate bombers of beer. First world problems, I know, I know.




But assuming, by the fact that you've read this far, that you're as passionate about craft beer as I am, you'll at least understand my desire to make sure that all the beer I poured down my throat tasted for my book was well looked after while waiting its turn. This shuffling of beers in and out of the fridge  turned into an actual strategy, and a beer's position in the fridge was an indication of, well, some system that would only make sense to me. Needless to say, when the beer I profiled for the book was in my hands, it was treated well and fussed over like a mother with her newborn.

And all those "friends" whose lack of concern for my predicament caused them to mock and belittle me, they will not be enjoying the leftover spoils of my endeavor.


3 comments:

markwwoodlief said...

"Shuffling" is all good ... just don't "juggle" any of them :)

AT said...

Ha! I did that after I'd had a few.

adult entertainment said...

I love this post very much.please keep sharing of knowledges with us.