Thursday, April 16, 2015

Seattle Book Signing With Brann Dailor of Mastodon, April 26 at Schooner Exact Brewing

For me, one of the coolest things about writing The Brewtal Truth Guide to Extreme Beers was getting to bring together two of my biggest passions: craft beer and extreme music. My "Brewtal Truth" column in Decibel  magazine, which was the precursor to my book, offered me the opportunity to connect with some well-known musicians within the scene who shared my passions. So, when it came time to put the book together, it seemed like a good idea to include some of those guys in the mix.

As luck would have it, two musicians I interviewed for the book, Mastodon drummer Brann Dailor and Clutch drummer Jean-Paul Gaster are doing a North American tour together and making a stop in Seattle on April, 26. So, I'm excited to announce that Brann will be joining me at a brief book-signing at Schooner Exact Brewing Co. (3901 1st Ave, S), not far from the club, Showbox Sodo, he'll be playing at that night. J-P has other obligations and can't join us, but from 5-6 pm, you can stop by Schooner Exact, grab a beer, buy a book ($20 cash or charge) and get it signed by Brann and me.

The Mastodon/Clutch show is already sold out, but this event will be free and open to the public. No ticket needed. The show doesn't start until 7pm, so you'll have plenty of time to swing by Schooner Exact beforehand.

1 comment:

Out Rebound said...

I really enjoyed this place and you can definitely find me here for more events. I didn't eat anything when on my recent visit to LA venues, but those around me had truffle fries, pizza, and wings all seemed to enjoy.